You have a strong desire to see movement on the scale and for your weight to start to shift, but there seems to be a disconnect between the desire and making progress towards results.
When you put in the effort in other areas of your life, results typically follow. So why is this different?
Food is just one piece of the puzzle, and I’m here to help you put the pieces of the puzzle together. You’re likely a self-reflective person and know a lot about yourself and your patterns. I will support and guide you through a proven, research-based process to dig deeper and see your blind spots. The result? You will likely learn even more about yourself and take more risks which will open you up to more rewarding experiences. And the weight loss? It may not come right away but it usually happens as a side effect of the emotional work.
This is NOT A QUICK FIX and there is no magic shortcut, but I can tell you it’s worth it because I’ve been through the process myself!
“I sought Laura out as I had been yo-yo’ing in my weight for the last several years and felt that thinking about food was leading to too many mental gymnastics. Laura helped me unpack what was contributing to my ‘I must eat pizza now!’ craving, which was where I tended to fall down. By realizing that I needed to balance my work stress in ways other than comfort food and allowing myself to slow down enough to take care of my needs in more fulfilling, lasting ways, I was able to make changes. This wasn’t as easy as it sounds!
There was a lot of sadness that came up and an inner oppositional teenager who wanted to break a rule the minute I made it! Laura has the wisdom and presence to be able to sit with these emotions in a way that is beyond her years. I think it takes a certain vulnerability to be able to sit with someone in their negative emotions like that. I felt comfortable sharing these intimate details with Laura because of who she is as a person.
Through this foundational work and by tuning into my spiritual practices I have found a sustainable way to enjoy food rather than feel controlled by it. I’m grateful for Laura and recommend her highly!”*
~ Rachel, Chicago, IL
“When I first started on this journey I was skeptical about trying a new and different approach since many other things I had tried worked for a period of time but eventually failed. However, as I went through the program with Laura I made some significant realizations about my relationship with food. I am now at peace with the idea of this being a lifelong process that will take work. I am more compassionate with myself when it comes to following my diet, working out and other changes I’ve implemented. I’ve also realized that small to medium changes over time are not only effective, but they are the most realistic way to approach my goals as opposed to the black and white thinking I previously had of ‘it’s not worth doing if I can’t do it perfectly.’
Through working with Laura I realized that my goal was unrealistic and unhealthy and that my desire for perfection was actually one of my roadblocks. Since Laura has been on the journey herself, she had a lot of good information to share and understood what I was going through. She is good at recognizing patterns and relating them to what I would talk about even if I didn’t initially see the pattern/similarity/root cause. I would definitely recommend this program if you are someone who is thinking about your emotional relationship with food!“*
~J.B., Chicago, IL
“I started working with Laura to lose a significant amount of weight and get my blood sugar back in alignment. At first, I thought the program wouldn’t work but I was hopeful it was going to help me get to my goal. During the 6-month program, I realized that I’m really hard on myself. I was also able to reduce my snacking and saw an improvement in my blood sugar numbers.
Laura is insightful, full of good knowledge and is always open to exploring how to best work through a situation. She’s very supportive and non-judgmental and takes the whole me into consideration, not just a small part. I recommend Laura to anyone struggling with their health- and/or weight-related issues. She genuinely cares about her clients and the work and masters the challenging and sensitive stuff with ease.*”
~ K.B., Chicago, IL
*Results may vary from person to person.
Have some questions?
The difference with my approach is it isn’t just another tool or tactic to try that’s built around willpower. Throughout the program, we will get you to see your “bad eating” as a protective behavior and will start to understand the real root cause of why you battle food and “fall off track.”
Ultimately, we will shift the focus off of dieting and deprivation and onto you, your emotions and your triggers.
During this program, we will meet every two weeks for six months. You will receive a homework exercise to complete between sessions and I will provide email support in between the meetings in case you’re feeling stuck along the way.
Meeting every other week provides the accountability you may crave while also providing the space to process and digest what comes up in sessions. Your life is the classroom so we use those experiences as data and information to guide our discussions.
Below is an overview of what we cover in each session:
- Session 1: (105-minutes): Get to the bottom of why you battle food and “fall off track” by diagnosing the story that’s been keeping you stuck
- Session 2 (60-minutes): Connect the dots between your story and eating, which will provide more clarity so you can be compassionate with yourself and the process
- Session 3 (60-minutes): Understand and identify what leads to unaligned eating choices in the moment and how they drain your energy
- Session 4 (60-minutes): Characterize how you’re being in your story that leads to the behaviors making you feel out of control around food and in life
- Session 5 (60-minutes): Characterize how you’re being “good” to get out of your story and to help see your story more so you can further begin to choose differently.
- Session 6 (60-minutes): Tools to soften and safely be with discomfort and challenge your story.
- Session 7-12 (60-minutes): Start to unlearn your socialized binary ideas of “good” and “bad” choices and begin to discover more nuanced choices. You’ll work on rewriting your story and experimenting with new behaviors, so you have more room to choose, instead of react. It will also help you see other options you may not currently see.
Results vary by client based on where they are in their journey, how open they are to the process and the work they put in. However, many clients tend to:
- Experience more ease around food by thinking about it less and naturally making the more nourishing and healthier choice.
- More naturally eat in alignment with their healthy eating goals without having to resist food.
- Feel relieved, hopeful and empowered by being able to identify the themes that are leading them to make unhealthy food choices. They tend to see a shift where they are more naturally able to eat in alignment with their healthy eating goals, without working so hard to resist food.
- Feel more comfortable and confident in their bodies.
- Take more risks in their lives and are no longer avoiding things they would have in the past. This can show up with new job/career opportunities, in their relationships, making a move to a new home, etc.
- Create more balance in various areas of their lives, including with food and exercise.
- Speak up more often for their needs in an authentic and genuine way that feels right for them. This leads to experiencing relief and more fulfillment.
Curiosity Calls are always free! Exploratory “Why You Self-Sabotage Deep Dive” sessions are $350 and will be applied toward the cost of a program. Program prices start at $1,898 and vary based on their length. Payment plans are also available to fit within your budget.
During the exploratory session we will determine which program is the best approach for you based on where you’re currently at and the type of support that would be most helpful for you.
Sessions can be done in-person, over the phone or via Zoom. You don’t need to be local in Chicago but many people who are close by prefer meeting in person, when possible. It’s really a personal preference and what works best for your lifestyle. Regardless of how we meet, clients tend to get similar results whether we meet in person or virtually.
Ready to get back on track for good?
Schedule a 40-minute Curiosity Call free from shame, guilt and judgment. You'll fill me in on your challenges with your relationship with food, gain some insight, and will have a safe space to talk about what's been swirling around in your mind. You'll walk away knowing the steps to create sustainable change (no willpower required)!
There's absolutely no charge for our first chat.