You’re so determined and ready to eat in alignment with your food goals, but something always seems to get in the way. And it isn’t just that you’re lacking willpower!
Often, when working towards our healthy eating goals, we’re told that the more effort we put in, the more results we’ll receive. The more you resist food, the more successful you are. Just have more self-control or willpower and then you’ll know you’re doing it right! But what if the solution isn’t really about willpower, brushing your teeth after dinner and resisting food?
If you’re often “good” during the day and eat in alignment with your goals but then at night find yourself eating a whole bag of chips or a pint of ice cream, traditional dieting would tell you to just pick yourself up and get back on track tomorrow, which is easier said than done. Do you ever wonder WHY that happens?
If it feels like you’ve been in a long, constant and never-ending battle with food, this mini program is the first 90 days of my full 6-month program to give you a taste of the process so you can start gaining clarity, relief and results.
"I would recommend Laura to anyone who has been trying to lose weight but has gotten stuck for some reason and is frustrated by their inability to move forward. Laura’s positive encouragement and thoughtful evaluation of what the underlying causes of my eating habits could be was very eye opening.”*
~ M.S., Chicago, IL
“Through my time working with Laura I regained my independence and removed myself from a toxic relationship. I was also able to identify what was derailing my progress and holding me in old habits that no longer suit me.
Overall, Laura has really helped me move forward and I have realized that I am stronger than I think. I recommend her for anyone struggling with weight or major life changes because you will identify things you never knew were holding you back!“*
~Tammy D., Minneapolis, MN
“I started working with Laura because I wanted to feel more in control around food. Throughout the program I realized that I often accommodate others ahead of myself so I end up feeling depleted. I now feel more in control and aware of some of the issues I have around food. Overall I’m feeling less anxious because I’m more aware of my role/reactions and feel more in control of them.
I really like the “casual” approach to the sessions. Talking about and digging into the whys around eating and food is as important as nutrition and exercise. I recommend Laura to anyone struggling with many diets, have dietary issues or someone who notices they may binge or have irrational thoughts about food.”*
~ A.G., Chicago, IL
*Results may vary from person to person.
Have some questions?
The difference with my approach is it isn’t just another tool or tactic to try that’s built around willpower. Throughout the program, we will get you to see your “bad eating” as a protective behavior and will start to understand the real root cause of why you battle food and “fall off track.”
Ultimately, we will shift the focus off of dieting and deprivation and onto you, your emotions and your triggers.
During this program, we will meet every two weeks for three months. You will receive a homework exercise to complete between sessions and I will provide email support in between the meetings in case you’re feeling stuck along the way.
Meeting every other week provides the accountability you may crave while also providing the space to process and digest what comes up in sessions. Your life is the classroom so we use those experiences as data and information to guide our discussions.
Results vary by client based on where they are in their journey, how open they are to the process and the work they put in. However, many of my clients tend to:
- Reduce mental food gymnastics.
- More naturally eat in alignment with their healthy eating goals without having to resist food.
- Feel relieved, hopeful and empowered by being able to identify the themes that are leading them to make unhealthy food choices. They tend to see a shift where they are more naturally able to eat in alignment with their healthy eating goals, without working so hard to resist food.
- Take more risks in their lives and are no longer avoiding things they would have in the past. This can show up with new job/career opportunities, in their relationships, making a move to a new home, etc.
- Create more balance in various areas of their lives.
- Speak up more often for their needs in an authentic and genuine way that feels right for them. This leads to experiencing relief and more fulfillment.
Curiosity Calls are always free! Exploratory Discovery sessions are $350 and will be applied toward the cost of a program. Program prices start at $1,750 and vary based on their length. Payment plans are also available to fit within your budget.
During the Curiosity Call we will determine which program is the best approach for you based on where you’re currently at and the type of support that would be most helpful for you.
Below is a break down of each session and what we cover in each one:
- Session 1 (1 hour 45-minutes): Get to the bottom of why you battle food and “fall off track” by diagnosing the story that’s been keeping you stuck
- Session 2 (60-minutes): Connect the dots between your story and eating, which will provide more clarity so you can be compassionate with yourself and the process
- Session 3 (60-minutes): Understand and identify what leads to unaligned eating choices in the moment and how they drain your energy
- Session 4 (60-minutes): Characterize how you’re being in your story that lead to the behaviors making you feel out of control around food and in life
- Session 5 (60-minutes): Tools to soften and safely be with discomfort
- Session 6 (60-minutes): Start to unlearn our socialized binary ideas of “good” and “bad” choices and start to discover more nuanced choices.
Sessions can be done in-person, over the phone or via Zoom. You don’t need to be local in Chicago but many people who are close by prefer meeting in person, when possible. It’s really a personal preference and what works best for your lifestyle. Regardless of how we meet, clients tend to get similar results whether we meet in person or virtually.
Ready to get back on track for good?
Schedule a 40-minute Curiosity Call free from shame, guilt and judgment. You'll fill me in on your challenges with your relationship with food, gain some insight, and will have a safe space to talk about what's been swirling around in your mind. You'll walk away knowing the steps to create sustainable change (no willpower required)!
There's absolutely no charge for our first chat.