How you show up in one area of your life is likely how you’re showing up in others.
While food and weight loss is one of the main reasons you are here, you might have other habits you’d like to break. You’ve tried many times in the past but it has always required a lot of discipline or self-control. When you lost the self-control you would feel like you were failing, which would lead to giving in and just dealing with the habit. But now, you’re finally ready to move on from it!
There are times you’re able to be “good” and resist the habit but then other times you feel like you’re falling off track. Do you ever wonder WHY you’re not able to stay consistent? This mini program will help you get to the bottom of this pattern so you can start gaining clarity, relief and results.
“Through my time working with Laura I regained my independence and removed myself from a toxic relationship. I was also able to identify what was derailing my progress and holding me in old habits that no longer suit me.
Overall, Laura has really helped me move forward and I have realized that I am stronger than I think. I recommend her for anyone struggling with weight or major life changes because you will identify things you never knew were holding you back!“*
~ Tammy D., Minneapolis, MN
“I really appreciate all the work we have done and how much of my life I feel like you have given back to me with our sessions. I am truly a happier person having worked with Laura. I see the world in a different way and am able to appreciate myself a lot more.”*
~L.A., Chicago, IL
“Laura is an extremely dedicated and trained Health Coach professional, empowering others to lead longer, healthier lives. She helps guide individuals or groups through a customized solution that works best for them and their lifestyle.”*
~ Jennifer G., Chicago, IL
*Results may vary from person to person.
Have some questions?
The difference with my approach is that it isn’t just another tool or tactic to try that’s built around willpower. Throughout the program we will get you to see your “bad habit” as a protective behavior and will start to understand the real root cause of why you battle it and “fall off track.”
Ultimately, we will shift the focus off of the habit and onto you, your emotions and your triggers.
During this program, we will meet every two weeks for three months. You will receive a homework exercise to complete between sessions and I will provide email support in between the meetings in case you’re feeling stuck along the way.
Meeting every other week provides the accountability you may crave while also providing the space to process and digest what comes up in sessions. Your life is the classroom so we use those experiences as data and information to guide our discussions.
This two-month program is a good entry point into the six-month program, which is how long it typically takes people to really start to move the needle. Results vary by client based on where they are in their journey, how open they are to the process and the work they put in. However, many of my clients tend to:
- Reduce mental food gymnastics.
- More naturally eat in alignment with their healthy eating goals without having to resist food.
- Feel relieved, hopeful and empowered by being able to identify the themes that are leading them to their habit. They tend to see a shift where they are more naturally able to avoid it, without needing to resist it.
- Take more risks in their lives and are no longer avoiding things they would have in the past. This can show up with new job/career opportunities, in their relationships, making a move to a new home, etc.
- Create more balance in various areas of their lives.
- Speak up more often for their needs in an authentic and genuine way that feels right for them. This leads to experiencing relief and more fulfillment.
Curiosity Calls are always free! Exploratory Discovery sessions are $350 and will be applied toward the cost of a program. Program prices start at $1,650 and vary based on their length. Payment plans are also available to fit within your budget.
During the exploratory session we will determine which program is the best approach for you based on where you’re currently at and the type of support that would be most helpful for you.
Below is an overview of what will be covered in each session:
- Session 1 (1 hour 45-minutes): Get to the bottom of why you battle food and “fall off track” by diagnosing the story that’s been keeping you stuck
- Session 2 (60-minutes): Connect the dots between your story and eating, which will provide more clarity so you can be compassionate with yourself and the process
- Session 3 (60-minutes): Understand and identify what leads to unaligned eating choices in the moment and how they drain your energy
- Session 4 (60-minutes): Characterize how you’re being in your story that lead to the behaviors making you feel out of control around food and in life
- Session 5 (60-minutes): Tools to soften and safely be with discomfort
- Session 6 (60-minutes): Start to unlearn our socialized binary ideas of “good” and “bad” choices and start to discover more nuanced choices.
Sessions can be done in-person, over the phone or via Zoom. You don’t need to be local in Chicago but many people who are close by prefer meeting in person, when possible. It’s really a personal preference and what works best for your lifestyle. Regardless of how we meet, clients tend to get similar results whether we meet in person or virtually.
Ready to get back on track for good?
Schedule a 40-minute Curiosity Call free from shame, guilt and judgment. You'll fill me in on your challenges with your relationship with food, gain some insight, and will have a safe space to talk about what's been swirling around in your mind. You'll walk away knowing the steps to create sustainable change (no willpower required)!
There's absolutely no charge for our first chat.