Bite Into Freedom
Do you constantly find yourself questioning your food choices and are unsure if you made the right ones? Do you feel like you’re addicted to sugar or carbs and find
Do you constantly find yourself questioning your food choices and are unsure if you made the right ones? Do you feel like you’re addicted to sugar or carbs and find yourself constantly thinking about them until you get your fix? These can be exhausting and frustrating patterns that often lead to feeling powerless around food but it doesn’t have to be this way!
There is a way to experience relief and freedom from unhelpful food and eating patterns. This workshop will help you:
- Gain a better understanding of the role food plays in your life
- Understand your patterns and where some of them started and why
- Forgive yourself for past eating choices
- Create awareness of how your patterns are serving you and/or keeping you stuck
Cost: $95 for one workshop or $225 for a pack of 3 (more details below)
What to Expect From This Workshop:
Your thought patterns and emotions are powerful. They influence your actions and habits, and are often tied to unhelpful beliefs you have unconsciously bought into for a long time. During this workshop we will dig deeper to understand what’s happening during your day, in various areas of your life, and how these experiences connect to your eating behaviors to help you find freedom and satisfaction around food.
The workshop is capped at 15 people so it will be a smaller group of like-minded individuals who are experiencing similar things. You will receive support from everyone in the room and the workshop is set up so each person will walk away with new insights or understanding about their current patterns.
If you’re not sure if this workshop is right for you, please contact Laura at [email protected] and she will answer any questions you may have.
More to Come:
This is the second in a 6-month series of workshops where you’ll explore your relationship with food and how it’s affected by different areas of your life. When we aren’t happy in our jobs, are intimidated by going to the gym, feel like we don’t have any cute outfit options in our closet or are overwhelmed by the thought of cooking, all of these can have an impact on our food choices.
You can attend one or all six workshops based on where you need added support. The other workshops in the series include:
- November 1st: Break the Cycle of Burnout with guest speaker and Career Coach, Liz Traines. Are you feeling burnt out from your job? Do you use food to replenish yourself in the evening or as a way to gear up for the day? You may not realize it but the two could be related. Join Laura and Liz to gain strategies to end the burn out and figure out what you need to replenish in a way that won’t sabotage your healthy eating efforts.
- December 5th: Stay on track Through the Holidays with guest speaker and Personal Chef, Sarah Eden from Improve Through Food. If you typically throw your healthy eating habits out the window due to limited time and all of the social gatherings in December, this workshop is for you. Sarah will provide tips on how you can prepare meals with limited ingredients when time is tight. Laura will help you find the middle ground during this busy time of year so you don’t need to start over on January 1st.
- January 23rd: Bring Joy Back to Your Workouts and Healthy Eating with guest speaker Personal Trainer, Christine O’Hagan from Spindle Fitness. Do you find yourself resisting working out and eating healthier? Maybe you feel like you lack motivation and willpower, or find it overwhelming to just get started. During this workshop Laura and Christine will talk about how there isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach to exercise or eating. Instead, it’s about finding a tailored approach that will work best for you and your body without feeling deprived and is actually enjoyable.
- February Date TBD: This workshop will feature guest speaker and Personal Stylist, Alyssa Peterson from Cashmere and Wit. More details to come.
About https://laurabfolkes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/gummy-bears-5-4-3-1.jpg, Certified Holistic Health Coach:
https://laurabfolkes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/gummy-bears-5-4-3-1.jpg is a graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) and is a Certified Holistic Health Coach. She supports busy adults who know what they should be eating but have a hard time sticking to it by helping them identify the familiar patterns that have been keeping them from sticking to what they know works. She ensures her clients don’t feel deprived by guiding them to make small, incremental changes so the journey is more enjoyable. After successfully losing 60 pounds and working through her own emotional relationship with food, Laura recognizes there are many factors keeping individuals from sticking to what they know works but it’s her mission to help others overcome these factors to become healthier and happier.
Laura can be contacted at [email protected].
About Dr. Paula Freedman, Licensed Clinical Psychologist:
Dr. Paula is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who specializes in treating anxiety, addictions, and disordered eating. She works with adults who struggle with perfectionism, addiction, OCD, eating disorders, and trauma, helping clients gain self-awareness and apply practical tools to live more meaningful and rewarding lives. She completed her doctorate in clinical psychology from Adler University (formerly Adler School of Professional Psychology) and has worked in a variety of settings, including community mental health clinics, schools, hospitals, and chemical dependency treatment centers. She is currently in private practice in Chicago, Illinois, where she does a combination of therapy, assessment, and supervising doctoral students. Dr. Paula’s first book, a relapse prevention workbook for addiction recovery, will be released in early 2019. Stay connected with her on Instagram @mindful.drpaula
(Wednesday) 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Roots Family Chiropractic