Truce with Food: Group Experience (12 Weeks)
Are you sick and tired of jumping from one diet or eating plan to another, only to have temporary success? Most likely, you’ve tried it all before. You’ve worked with
Are you sick and tired of jumping from one diet or eating plan to another, only to have temporary success? Most likely, you’ve tried it all before. You’ve worked with a Nutritionist, you’ve done every program out there like Whole30, Keto, Weight Watchers, you name it–you’ve tried it! You’ve probably lost weight (say 20-30 pounds) and then end up right back to where you started (and maybe even plus more).
You’re tired, worn out, sick of being disgusted with yourself and your body, are losing hope but also want to get a handle on this “food thing.” You’re able to eat well-balanced meals for the most part but snacks tend to be your downfall with stashes of candy, chocolate or bags of chips. You feel it’s best to not have those foods in your house but even if you keep your kitchen free of those foods, you still find a way to get them from your closest drive thru when you want them! Where there’s a will, there’s a way, right? If snacks aren’t your downfall, then maybe you can be “good” from Monday through Thursday but by Friday it becomes a free-for-all for the weekend.
Have you ever thought:
- “Why can’t I just get it together? I have it together in so many other places in my life! I have a successful career, a great family, a nice house, great friends but this food thing… Ugh!”
- “I can eat well for a couple of days but then decide I’m not going to do it anymore and I feel like such a hypocrite!”
- “Why can’t I just feel the way I did 10 years ago?”
- “How come I could lose the weight before but am not able to get motivated to do it again and stick with it? I’m such a failure.”
- “If I just look at food, I gain 5 pounds!”
You might think lack of self-control, willpower or self-sabotage are to blame. We’re often told, the harder we work, the more results you’ll get. Diet plans say willpower is the silver bullet. But that puts the responsibility on you, which is fine when you’re on track and having success, but what happens when you fall off track? Then that’s on you too and you’ve failed again! If only you could resist the foods you love so much.
Guess what? It isn’t really about you! You just haven’t had the right systems, structure or support until now.
You’ve likely heard of emotional eating and either identify as an emotional eater or not. However, there are deeper reasons behind your food choices than you might think, so what you think of as self-sabotage isn’t really your fault! When we’re lacking emotional safety of any kind, it is challenging to avoid the Twizzlers, sleeve of cookies or pint of ice cream.
During Truce with Food, we break down different unconscious phases that lead you to eat out of alignment with your goals so you can gain clarity as to what is behind your lack of willpower and self-sabotage. By gaining this awareness, your stops to Walgreens for chips, cookies and ice cream will decrease to the point where you’ll forget it’s even there. It won’t be because you have to resist eating those foods, it’s because you won’t NEED them anymore!
How the program works:
• Kick off session: We will have a live group coaching call where we will go through an exercise to get to the bottom of your unaligned eating and why you fall off track. We start by discovering your food and body story. I’ll guide the group through the process to see how self-sabotage and your out of control eating are rarely about the food. Clients leave this session feeling hopeful, empowered and excited to continue our work together.
• Modules: The first month you’ll receive a new module each week. In months 2 and 3 you’ll get a new module every two weeks. You’ll receive a recorded lesson that will introduce a new homework exercise to help you continue to be able to connect and understand your unaligned eating choices. These lessons will guide you to generate ah-has, clarity and progress towards your food, body and health goals.
• 8, 90-minute group calls: During these live calls, you’ll have the opportunity to talk through what you’re uncovering to help deepen your self-discovery and awareness. You’ll also be able to ask questions in case you need help making further connections with the homework and what you’re experiencing in your life.
The Ins & Outs:
• Duration: 12 weeks
• Online community & Support: In between calls and lessons there will be a classroom for ongoing discussion, learning, questions and support among me and the group
• Participation will be capped so the group stays small enough to ensure personal attention
• Cost: $1,795 (payment plan also available, 3 payments of $600 each)
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 2:00 pm CST