When my clients reach out to me for support, they often feel like they’re at a loss of what works for them and their bodies to reach their health, weight and wellness goals. In fact they’re so frustrated and sometimes even feel hopeless after trying many different approaches with short-term success and ending up back in the same place, only more frustrated. The great part is that they haven’t given up and have sought out a new and different approach they hope will be different and lead to sustainable results.
Support plays an important role when it comes to reaching health and weight goals. Many traditional diets provide group support but they focus mainly on what’s happening with the food and not the individual. Or, they may want to focus on exercise but your fitness plan is in great shape and you could really use assistance with finding the mix of foods that work well for you, your lifestyle and your body.
While following a traditional diet, if you aren’t able to stick with it you may think you lack willpower or motivation and sabotage yourself but it doesn’t make sense because you want to reach your goal so badly. So what keeps getting in the way and takes you off track?
When I was struggling with food I was really confused because I knew exactly what I needed to do that helped me lose 60 pounds. In fact I had kept the weight off for a few years, yet there were many times I felt like I was falling off track and lacked motivation or willpower. (Or so I thought that’s what was happening).I was doing what I call ‘working the system’ where I would eat well for a while, let go of the reigns and not really care about my food choices, see the scale start to creep up, freak out and start eating better again to lose the weight. I didn’t realize how exhausting and stressful this cycle was until I was able to get the right support!
That’s when I started working with my Health Coach to gain a better understanding of exactly what kept taking me off track and was contributing to my, ‘I’ll start again tomorrow’ inner dialogue. From doing my own self-exploration, that’s what laid the foundation for the work I do with my clients.
Throughout the process we break the cycle of being in automatic pilot, bring clarity and awareness to their patterns around food and in life so they can choose differently and begin re-writing their stories. That ends up impacting not only how they show up around food and their cravings but also how they choose to be in relationships, how they show up at work and how they connect with themselves.
This process starts with a powerful initial intro session:
Diagnose Why You Fall Off Track
- Goal of the session: See your “bad eating” as protective and understand the real root cause of why you battle food and “fall off track”
- Start to shift the focus away from more tactics to resist food to become the person who is no longer tempted by food.
- Helps bring clarity to your patterns around food and in life so you can start to see what’s been keeping you from reaching your health, weight and wellness goals.
- Length of session: One hour and 45-minutes and is a precursor to the 2- or 6-month program
If you know you’re ready for longer term support, you can also choose from a 2- or 6-month program. The 2-month program is the first two months of the 6-month program and is a great starting point to help transform your relationship with food. Both programs will help you:
- Gain clarity around the external factors causing some of your cravings because once you’re aware of them the pull to food can be released.
- Make small habit changes while establishing balance without deprivation.
- Feel lighter, have more awareness & understanding of the patterns that have been keeping you stuck.
If you’re interested in learning more about the types of support that will start you on a path to radically transforming your relationship with food you can check out more information here. Otherwise you can schedule a free 30-minute Q&A session to discuss your goals and I can answer any questions you have.